Friday, February 26, 2016

Feature Follow Friday: Why I love fantasy

  • The goal is to increase blog followers, make friends and have something to post
  • You create your own post using the post prompt
  • You leave your link and thumbnail in the linky list that links back to your post prompt
  • Once you have your post up and linked, visit other posts and tell them hi. The point is to FOLLOW them not just comment.
  • If you see a post that just hit it to the moon, or just want to show appreciation to a fellow blogger friend, like their name on the linky list to show some appreciation.
  • The person with the most likes gets chosen as the next Feature (you can be chosen every 90 days unless we are in need of features)
  • It is required that if you participate that you have to follow the FEATURE. It is a big no-no to participate and ignore the feature. They are the special snowflake in this little blizzard.
  • As a participant it is up to your discretion on how you want people to follow. Please post RSS, GFC etc if you have a follow of choice.

This week's feature

This week's prompt is:

Ten reasons you read your favourite genre?
~ Parajunkee

My answer

Whilst I love reading a bit of everything, my favourite genre will have to be fantasy. And here are some of the reasons why!
1. It's a world in which I can truly escape!
2. It involves a heap of action and adventure
3. It often bears telling commentaries on human behaviour
4. Epic fantasy sagas often involve multiple story lines and everything (when done well) ties together neatly at the end
5. Fantasy politics are eerily similar to real politics
6. Romance almost always plays a role but it is not center stage
7. Character development is often a highlight of fantasy as the protagonists grow and evolve throughout their journey
8. The depth of world-building and history creation is of such grand scales, it's awe-inspiring.
9. The ending can be a feel-good happily ever after or heartrendingly devastating - either way, it stays with you.
10. You never know where the next book will take you!
So there you have it - some of the many reasons why I love reading fantasy.

Which genre is your favourite and why? Happy Friday everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Nice answers. I had such a hard time coming up with an answer.

    Old Follower

    Theresa
    The Truth About Books
    My FF Answer Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your answers...I have enjoyed some fantasy books I read but still romance and mystery genres win hands down for me :)
    New GFc follower
    Here is my FF
    -Njkinny @Njkinny's World of Books & Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome answers! Fantasty (within YA) is my favourite genre because of every single one! In fact, combine them all together and you have my perfect book <3 I love when romance doesn't take centre stage and there's plenty of character driven action

    I'm a new GFC & Bloglovin follower
    My FF Post

    ReplyDelete