Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Top Ten 2015 Releases I meant to get to but didn't

TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

2015 was a great year when it came to book releases. There were so many books that I wanted to read and not enough time to read them in. Story of my life. Below is the top ten 2015 releases that I am absolutely dying to get to soon because I didn't get to them last year.


Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas

I definitely wanted to read it last year. However, it has been so long since I've read the previous books that I have forgotten most of the plot-line. Plus there is the prequel anthology of novellas, The Assassin's Blade, that I still haven't gotten to. So this year, I plan to read the prequel, then reread the series from the beginning.

The Rose Society by Marie Lu

I read The Young Elites and absolutely loved it. So when The Rose Society was released, I was definitely super excited to continue on with the series. The main reason I held off on immediately reaching for it is because I want to make the year-long wait for the next installment a bit more bearable by reading it later on this year.

Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

I didn't join the Leigh Bardugo bandwagon until October of last year when I finally read the Grisha trilogy and thoroughly enjoyed it. So I didn't know Six of Crows was coming out until December. But rest assured, I will be reading it soon.

Carry on by Rainbow Rowell

I am a huge fan of Rainbow Rowell with Attachments being my favourite book of hers. While I really enjoyed Fangirl, I must admit I never really got into the Baz and Simon's story. But it's Rainbow Rowell, so of course I will read it.

The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan

I was so excited when I discovered Rick Riordan is coming out with another mythological series. I will definitely need to get onto this series!

Ice Like Fire by Sarah Baasch

I read Snow Like Ashes last year and I think I enjoyed it? I mean, I gave it 4 stars. But to be honest, I can't really remember much of this story anymore. I will probably need to read the first book again before picking this one up.

Golden Son by Pierce Brown

I read Red Rising at the beginning of the year on the recommendation of a friend and I really enjoyed it. I have been planning on reading Golden Son straight after but then... I got distracted by other shiny books. Story of my life.

Armada by Ernest Cline

I heard about this book from the online book community and I was really intrigued by the premise. I haven't read anything by Ernest Cline before so I'm excited to find out.

Remembrance by Meg Cabot

I remember reading the Mediator series back when I was in high school and really enjoying it. I thought the series was complete at 5 books but last year, I discovered that Meg Cabot came out with the 7th book. What?! I am excited to revisit this series again.

The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness

This is another book that I heard about from the online book community and again, I am really intrigued by the premise - following the lives of the regular citizens instead of the heroes. Can't wait!

So there you have it. Those are the books I missed out on in 2015 but will definitely be targeting this year. What about you guys? Which books would you be grabbing this year?

10 comments:

  1. Well, Remembrance is technically a 2016 book, so you're good there! I too read the Mediator books in middle school or high school. Think it was more middle school...but I ADORED this one! It was amazing!!

    I still need to read The Rose Society and Six of Crows too! Glad I'm not alone on that latter one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Sword of Summer was on my list this week too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/01/12/top-ten-tuesday-39/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Queen of Shadows was really good! Rereading the series beforehand sounds like a great idea though. I need to read Carry On too, it wasn't my favourite aspect of Fangirl but I'd pretty much read anything Rainbow Rowell writes!

    --Nicola Reads YA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED The Rose Society, and I hope you enjoy it when you read it. I completely understand waiting until closer to the third book. I also have Six of Crows on my list - I didn't start reading Bardugo until recently too. I need to finish the first three Grisha books soon, and then get to that one. My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of these are on my list too! Queen of shadows isn't on my list, but I didn't get to that one either. Here's my TTT http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2016/01/top-ten-tuesday-top-twenty-2015.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only book I have never read by Rowell is Fangirl, which is odd because I think it is her most popular. Like you, Attachments is my favorite. I did grab Carry On from the library and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. Hope you love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved so many books on this list! I still need to read Golden Son but Queen of Shadows, Six of Crows, The Rose Society, and Carry On were some of my favorite reads of 2015. You have some great reading ahead of you!
    Cassi @ My Thoughts Literally

    ReplyDelete
  8. From your list I've read GOLDEN SON and ARMADA so far and can definitely recommend both of them!

    You should definitely also read READY PLAYER ONE by Ernest Cline because it's such a unique story (and Steven Spielberg is turning it into a movie! ;D)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've just checked out The Rest of Us Just Live Here from the library, and I can't wait to read it! Also, I need to get to Carry On at some point this year - it sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful list of books you still need to get to. I have read a few of these myself - Golden Son, QoS, Six of Crows, Ice Like Fire and Magnus Chase. I loved Golden Son, I am now desperate for the final book. Six of Crows was one of my top reads last year, I really need the next book in that series too. A lot of the others are ones I still want to get to in 2016 myself.

    I hope you manage to get to some of these soon, and that you enjoy them :) Here's my TTT, if you want to check out my list.

    ReplyDelete