Monday, April 7, 2014

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?


Had a long week last week so I haven't had much of a chance to catch up on my reading. It's the start of a new week and I thought this would be a perfect time to regroup and figure out which book(s) I will be tackling this week. This is a meme by Sheila @ Book Journey so make sure to check out her post if you're interested in doing this meme too!

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

It is 1939, Nazi Germany.  
The country is holding its breath. 
Death has never been busier, 
and will become busier still. 
By her brother's graveside, Liesel's life is changed when she picks up an object, partially hidden in the snow. It is The Gravedigger's Handbook, and it is her first act of book thievery. 
So begins a love affair with books and words, as Liesel learns to read. Soon she is stealing books from Nazi book-burnings, the mayor's wife's library, wherever there are books to be found. 
But these are dangerous times. When Liesel's foster family hides a Jewish fist-fighter in their basement, Liesel's world is both opened up, and closed down.

Yes, The Book Thief has finally made its way back onto the top of my TBR pile and I am so excited! As stated in some earlier posts, I started reading this book earlier this year but then when I came home with a massive library haul, I had to read those first (as they had a due-by date). I have heard nothing but amazing raves about this book so I am really eager to dive into this book and experience it myself.

(Plus, some of my workmates want to watch the film and I practically had to beg them to let me finish the book first before we go and watch it.) :D

So which book are you reading this week? Leave a comment and/or link below and I'll be sure to check it out!

6 comments:

  1. So I'm not the only one who hasn't read The Book Thief yet! I hope you enjoy!

    Happy Reading!
    :-)
    Bits & Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it either! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Count me in among those who haven't read The Book Thief. I did buy the DVD though I haven't watched it yet. Come see my week here. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read it yet either.....I certainly hope you enjoy it! I am reading New Moon this week and hopefully will have time to get to something else as well! Happy reading!

    Kristalyn @ The Sarcastic Palmtree

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! I adore this book, it is beautiful! Get the tissues ready ;)

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Book Thief is hands-down my favorite book. I hope you like it! I actually refuse to see the movie. I'm happy with the story as it is in my head and don't want to see someone else's interpretation of it. My husband thinks I'm weird too. I won't even watch the previews. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete