Friday, March 7, 2014

Feature Follow Friday: Back-List Book Recommendations


Feature Follow Friday is a blog hop hosted by Parajunkee Alison Can Read. It's a way for bloggers and readers alike to make some new friends and gain some new followers as well. The point of this hop is to follow other bloggers. I follow you, you follow me.

Also, this week's featured bloggers are Pottermore Books and Julie & Rose, so make sure you check them out too.

While I do prefer GFC follows, if you would like to follow me via bloglovin/email/twitter etc, that's great too! Also, please leave a comment so I can follow you back!

Question of the week: Back-list Book Recommendations

Recommend some of your favourite back-list books - books that are at least a few years old (I'm thinking 5-10 years old rather than classics).
Some of my favourite books of all times are very well known such as the Lord of the Rings. And what's the point of recommending books that most of you book lovers have already read. So I thought I'll take this opportunity to highlight one of my favourite series that is a little less well known.

I have mentioned Jennifer Fallon before in my library haul when I discovered she came out with another trilogy that I haven't read yet called the Rift Runners Trilogy. One of my favourite fantasy trilogies is the Demon Child Trilogy by her, comprising of Medalon, Treason Keep and Harshini


If you are a fan of high fantasy, then you definitely have to try Jennifer Fallon's works. I'm always blown away by her ideas, story-telling and the way everything unfolds. If you like fantasy sagas and you are sick of LoTR rip-offs, then you'll love her works. While the Demon Child trilogy holds a special place in my heart, I also love her other series such as the Tide Lords quartet. 

Which books did you recommend this week? Leave a comment/link below and I'll be sure to check it out!

43 comments:

  1. I'm discovering so many good books this week already, and this are definitely on that list! Happy Friday!

    New follower via GFC and BlogLovin'. My FF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree :) Hopping through other people's posts and seeing books they enjoy have only resulted in my TBR getting bigger :D

      Delete
  2. Wow more books I haven't read yet. I'm loving this hop so far. Happy Friday!
    My FF
    Old follower via bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read these books but that's the good part..Now I have your picks also in my list to check out! :)
    New GFC follower..

    My FF

    -Nikita @ Njkinny's World of Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you posted some interesting books I need to check out too!

      Delete
  4. It seems each week my tbr list get bigger and bigger after reading all of these posts! Thanks for topping by earlier.
    Old follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling. I don't think my TBR will be emptied anytime soon!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read any of these books yet they look interesting tough I'll be sure to check them out :)
    My FFF
    Rimsha@Ramblings of a Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And you reminded me about Poison Study - one more book to add onto my TBR!

      Delete
  7. Cool picks. Thanks for sharing.

    new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you've chosen books that we might not have read. :) It gives me a chance to branch out. New Bloglovin' follower.

    Jessica @ Tales Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jess for stopping by :) You did the same thing on your post - I'll definitely need to check out some of the books you mentioned.

      Delete
  9. I've never even heard of those books, but they sound interesting. Awesome job. Return follow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think I've read anything by Jennifer Fallon. Great job picking something lesser known and letting us know about it :)
    Thanks for stopping by, following you back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've not heard of Ms. Fallon. I'll definitely have to check it out!

    Thanks for dropping by Second Run Reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terri, let me know what you think when you get a chance to read them :)

      Delete
  12. Haven't read those but I LOVE the covers. Will have to check them out. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great list! :D Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely loved the covers myself too. There are alternative versions out there with less impressive covers so I specifically got these - they are gorgeous!

      Delete
  13. Hm I've never heard of this series before or Ms. Fallon.

    Great recommendation!

    New GFC follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a new series and a new author to me, will have to look them both up!

      New GFC follower

      Thea @ Gizzimomo's Book Shelf

      Delete
    2. Hi Thea, thanks :) and let me know when you think when you get a chance to read them!

      Delete
  15. I'll have to check these out now that I am just getting into high fantasy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely good! And there's a prequel series called the Hythrun Chronicles too. And the Tide Lord quartet contains an interesting concept that I really loved.

      Delete
  16. I've not heard of any of Jennifer Fallon's books...but you had my at "high fantasy" haha! It's been a while since I've done much reading outside of YA fantasy, but I've been getting back into the swing of things lately, so I'll definitely be adding one of these trilogies to my TBR!

    New GFC follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, definitely recommend these. Let me know when you read them what you think :)

      Delete
  17. Not heard of these - need to check them out! :)

    Old GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are new to me. Looks like a great series and I like the covers. Thank you for stopping by and following. :)
    Followed you back GFC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) these covers are definitely my favourite version of this series

      Delete
  19. I haven't read any of those books! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I followed back via GFC :)
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hadn't heard of Jennifer Fallon but I like the sound of her books. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following you now as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandee. Jennifer Fallon is one of my all-time favourite fantasy authors, a bit unsure as to why she's not more well known. :)

      Delete